Master of Education School Counseling
Touch lives as a school counselor and mentor!
The Master of Education in School Counseling Program at Frostburg State University is committed to educating students in three broad areas: Knowledge, Skills and Personal Awareness. Students become certified to work as school counselors at the elementary, middle and secondary levels. However, the degree offers flexibility in other areas of employment as well in careers such as admissions counselors, behavioral specialists, and other positions such as Head Start Family Engagement Coordinator in social service and educational organizations. At the conclusion of this graduate program, candidates possess the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions that will allow them to function effectively in the holistic development of students in the K-12 setting in accordance with the CACREP Standards for School Counseling Programs.
A background in teacher education is NOT a requirement for admission to the School Counseling Program. Students who successfully complete the program will be eligible for certification as a K-12 school counselor in Maryland.
Master of Education – School Counseling Highlights:
- The School Counseling Program is accredited by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- The program is designed in accordance with the CACREP Standards for School Counseling.
- Students complete 500 hours of internship.
- Full or part-time study options are available.To find out more:
- Call the Office of Graduate Services at 301-687-7053
- Email email@example.com
- Learn more: register for a webinar or attend an event
- Apply Now
For more information, please visit https://www.frostburg.edu/academics/majorminors/graduate/med-school-counseling/index.php