Master of Education Special Education
This program is designed for certified teachers or candidates who are eligible for certification to prepare for special education positions.
The area of concentration is Special Education Teachers of Students with Disabilities in Individualized General Education Programs.
This program is intended to lead to certification as a generic special educator of students with mild/moderate disabilities at the Elementary / Middle (K-8) or Secondary / Adult (6-12) levels.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- diagnose educational problems
- prescribe educational programs to meet the needs of individual students
- teach students with special needs
- serve as an inclusion resource teacher with general education classroom teachers
- evaluate current research in the field of special education, apply new approaches to the classroom, and contribute new information and ideas to the field
For more information visit http://www.frostburg.edu/home/academic/majorminors/graduate/master-of-ed...